• A woman reported Monday that two black males attempted to rob a 64-year-old man at his residence in the 100 block of East 17th Street.
• A man reported Monday that he received a call from a female claiming to be with Medicare. After verifying his name, address and telephone number, she then asked for his bank account number, he reported. The man told police that he refused to give the woman this information. He noted that he contacted Medicare and was advised that the call was a scam.
• A man who lives in the 1000 block of Ferry Lake Road reported Monday that when he returned home from work for lunch, he found that his back door was ajar and items were missing from the residence. He reported that a DVD player with external speakers, along with several DVDs, were taken from the living room. He also reported that a .380 caliber semi-automatic pistol was taken from his bedroom and two automotive stereo amps were taken from the kitchen.
• A man reported Monday that approximately $500 worth of items were taken from a location in the 300 block of J.R. Wynn Road in Chula.
• A man who lives in the 2900 block of Sixth Avenue reported Monday that during the night, someone scratched up his truck and took all four wheels and rims off of it, leaving it sitting on cinder blocks.
• A woman who lives in the 2500 block of Old Ocilla Road reported Monday that someone intentionally shot her radio and because of that, she was in fear of her personal safety.
TIFTON POLICE DEPT.
Priti Mukeshbha Patel, 18, 1025 W. Second St., was charged Monday with theft by shoplifting.
GEORGIA STATE PATROL
Austin Neil Accursio, 19, 27725 S.W. 187th Ave., Homestead, Fla., was charged Monday with DUI and speeding.
Jordan Price Carter, 22, 2784 Willow Tree Overlook, Douglasville, was charged Sunday with speeding.
- Police Reports