TYRONE — Helen M. Hall of Tyrone passed away Friday, Sept. 7, 2012. A funeral service was held at 3 p.m. Monday at South Metro Ministries Church of God Congregation with Pastor Alan Mathura officiating. Interment followed at Westminster Memorial Gardens. Mrs. Hall is survived by her husband, Roy Hall of Tyrone; daughter, Donna Watson and husband, Jerry of Tyrone; son, Keith Creel of Tyrone; sister, Madge Doles of Inverness, Fla.; granddaughter, Angela Griffin and husband, Cliff of Sharpsburg; and a great-granddaughter, Ashley Griffin. The family is accepting flowers or donations to The American Lung Association, 2452 Spring Rd. Smyrna, GA 30080. Those wishing may send an online condolence to www.parrottfuneralhome.com. Parrott Funeral Home and Crematory, Fairburn, is in charge of arrangements.
- Local News
County millage rate remains same
Tift County Commissioners voted unanimously in a called meeting Tuesday to keep the millage rate set at 12.183 for both incorporated and unincorporated areas of the county.Continued ...
The rate was set at .312 mills for the Special Services Tax District, which includes Ty Ty and Omega.
- GEMA study reveals increased emergency preparedness across state
- Gazette captures GPA Awards
- Fitzgerald juvenile on the loose
- Man airlifted in Ocilla after being trapped in silo
- County millage rate remains same
- Local Sports
The southern half of the 1962 Class AA girls state hoops tournament was played in Fitzgerald, despite Fitzgerald having dropped their girls program in 1957.
Girls basketball had long road to equality
When Georgia decided in 1945 to play a girls state basketball tournament, Macon Telegraph writer Sam Glassman was in favor, writing that the district tournaments that had always been held were just as strenuous. Days later, though, he wondered about the mental strain it was causing the players.
- Kilgore resigns baseball post at ABAC
- TCRD hosting pair of hardball tournaments
- Future Devils learn the ropes at ESMS
- Tidal Wave takes third triumph at Georgia Games
- Girls basketball had long road to equality
Southern problems...some folks got’em
I was able to take a trip down to Tampa this past weekend with my mom to see my niece in her dance recital.We didn’t get to see her dance in her recital. She kept saying she was sick, and we all kept saying, “You’ll be OK...it’s just nerves.”
- Rants & Raves – June 19
- Rants & Raves - June 18
- Angye Morrison column: How different life would have been
- Letter to the Editor – Turn to the airwaves when danger threatens
- Southern problems...some folks got’em
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda