• A man reported Monday that someone entered his vehicle while in the 140 block of East Cherry Street in Ty Ty.
• A woman reported Monday that while in the 180 block of Lower Brookfield Road, a white female tried to run her over with a car after having an argument.
• A trailer reported stolen with the Banks County Sheriff’s Office was recovered by the Tift County Sheriff’s Office Monday in the 4400 block of Union Road.
TIFT CO. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Devontay Green, 21, 103 Benjamin St., was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana and sale of marijuana.
Barry Hogan, 33, 285 Cliett Road, Byron, was charged Monday with making terroristic threats and acts.
Timothy Lee Johnson, 50, 1110 S. College Circle, Lot 41, was charged Monday with battery (family violence) and cruelty to children in the first degree.
Timothy Johnson Jr., 19, 1110 S. College Circle, Lot 41, was charged Monday with battery (family violence), cruelty to children in the first degree and a probation violation.
Shamonte Lashaun Milton, 25, 910 Collins St., was charged Monday with a probation violation.
Michael Raynor, 62, 1625 Sugar Hill Road, Lenox, was charged Sunday with DUI and failure to maintain lane.
Andre Lamar Smith, 39, 2713 Dr. G.C. Hill Ave., was charged Monday with the sale of marijuana.
Taurence Oliver Stokes, 28, 1904 Bellview Ave., was charged Sunday with abandonment of dependent child support.
Jaroire Taje Taylor, 19, 1611 Brookvale Drive, was charged Saturday with a probation violation.
Kenny Lee Thacker, 48, 458 Oak Ridge Church Road, was charged Friday with disorderly conduct.
Joey May Walden, 29, 125 High Point Road, Brookfield, was charged Saturday with loitering or prowling.
Scott Eddison Walden, 34, 161 High Point Road, Brookfield, was charged Saturday with loitering or prowling.
Jasmine Laveon Whitehead, 17, 2701 S. Park Ave., was charged Saturday with disorderly conduct, underage possession of alcohol and public drunkenness.
David Milton Wilds, 56, 70 Hickory Road, was charged Friday with a probation violation and abandonment of dependent child support.
Alphonso Wilson, 45, 3114 Hillcrest Circle, was charged Monday with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute and two counts of sale of marijuana.
GEORGIA STATE PATROL
Ruben Creuteres Arteaga, 40, 517 Park Ave., was charged Sunday with driving without a license and a safety restraint violation.
Latisa Shandrell Carridine, 26, 410 Church Lane, was charged Friday with driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- Local News
Tift County Teacher of the Year: It’s an honor to be recognized for what you love to do
This year’s 2013-14 Tift County Teacher of the Year is Omega Elementary School’s very own Shonta Walker. She is also her school’s Teacher of the Year.Continued ...
- Risk assessment website to help tomato growers
- TCHS seniors named 2013 Georgia Scholars
- Downtown Farmer's Market opens Saturday
- Police report for May 17
- Tift County Teacher of the Year: It’s an honor to be recognized for what you love to do
- Local Sports
Eric Lee pitches against Tattnall Square in game one, a 4-1 loss by the Panthers. They would win game two 6-3 before falling in 14 innings Saturday, 6-2.
Tattnall Square tops Tiftarea, 6-2
Ernie Banks used to say, "let's play two." In a game that was as long as two and was defined early on by errors and later by a pitching duel, it would be offense that propelled the Tattnall Square Trojans past the Tiftarea Academy Panthers, 6-2 in 14 innings. Tattnall, who won the first game of the series, 4-1 before dropping game two, 6-3, will meet Mount de Sales in the Class AAA semifinals next week.
- Loop the Lake coming June 1
- Tiftarea-Tattnall split
- Tiftarea hosts defending state champs
- First inning dooms Devils
- Tattnall Square tops Tiftarea, 6-2
Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
Guess who cooked my lunch on a jaunt to LaGrange, Georgia? The great-great grandson of the legendary town philanthropist, that’s who.
- Explore the edges Mississippi Gulf Coast
- St. Augustine: Abounding with excellence suiting every taste
- Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda