• A man reported Thursday that his neighbor’s home located in the 200 block of Prince Avenue was burglarized by two juveniles. Upon the homeowner returning home, the suspects fled the scene. The following items were reported missing: a black .22 revolver, jewelry and an iPod shuffle. The report states that the back door had been kicked in and items within the house had been strewn about.
TIFTON POLICE DEPT.
James Harley Sprinkle, 20, 20 Hall Road, was charged Thursday with theft by shoplifting.
TIFT CO. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Joseph Lee Smith II, 24, 133 Hancock Lane, Ocilla, was charged Thursday with a probation violation.
Justin Clinton Tyler, 29, 133 Fulwood Blvd., was charged Thursday with defective equipment, driving with a suspended or revoked license and giving a false name, address or birth date.
GEORGIA STATE PATROL
Efraim Demond Dennard, 33, 608 Davis Ave., was charged Thursday with speeding and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Quantavieous Atwon Hall, 21, 908 N. Union St., Ocilla, was charged Thursday with speeding, driving with a suspended or revoked license, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers without force.
Arthur W. Hartsfield, 57, P.O. Box 2033, was charged Thursday with DUI and a safety restraint violation.
Ivan Anthony Hutchins, 63, 3417 U.S. Highway 82 W., Lot 3, was charged Thursday with driving with a suspended or revoked license and missing tail/tag lights.
Devante Lewis, 19, 4 Pertilla Place, Apt. 38, was charged Thursday with driving without a license and missing tail/tag lights.
- Local News
GSP out in full force this holiday weekend
Georgia State troopers are preparing for full patrols during the peak travel times this coming holiday weekend. The 78 hour Memorial Day holiday travel period begins at 6 p.m. today and ends at midnight Memorial Day. Colonel Mark McDonough,Continued ...
- Tift EMS honors John Edenfield as Paramedic of the Year
- Prince Toyota makes donation to United Way
- TPD Lt. Steve Hyman recognized by Tifton Sertoma Club Thursday
- Chula man found dead
- GSP out in full force this holiday weekend
- Local Sports
Proud of diamond accomplishments of Devils, Panthers
Tift County almost pulled off an incredible feat this year, having two teams in the baseball quarterfinals.. It was a great year for baseball at all area schools, all eight of them in the postseason. Both Kyle Kirk's Tift County Blue Devils and Brad Porter's Tiftarea Academy Panthers came within an eyelash of doing even better: the final four.
- Devil duo decide Pratt
- Couch named Region 1-AAAAAA Player of the Year
- Sports briefs for May 23
- Gattis’ grand slam leads Braves past Twins 8-3
- Proud of diamond accomplishments of Devils, Panthers
Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
Guess who cooked my lunch on a jaunt to LaGrange, Georgia? The great-great grandson of the legendary town philanthropist, that’s who.
- Explore the edges Mississippi Gulf Coast
- St. Augustine: Abounding with excellence suiting every taste
- Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda