TIFTON — Eighth graders at Tiftarea Academy recently participated in an Act of Random Kindness (ARK) which involved collecting items needed for the Georgia Baptist Children's Home in Baxley. Any student from the school could contribute items or money. In addition to boxes full of needed items, our group gave a donation of $520 to the activities fund for the children. On the way home from a field trip to Savannah, the eighth graders delivered the donated items to the home. The students were able to tour the facility and have made plans for a return trip to the home.
- Local News
Tift County Teacher of the Year: It’s an honor to be recognized for what you love to do
This year’s 2013-14 Tift County Teacher of the Year is Omega Elementary School’s very own Shonta Walker. She is also her school’s Teacher of the Year.Continued ...
- Risk assessment website to help tomato growers
- TCHS seniors named 2013 Georgia Scholars
- Downtown Farmer's Market opens Saturday
- Police report for May 17
- Tift County Teacher of the Year: It’s an honor to be recognized for what you love to do
- Local Sports
Eric Lee pitches against Tattnall Square in game one, a 4-1 loss by the Panthers. They would win game two 6-3 before falling in 14 innings Saturday, 6-2.
Tattnall Square tops Tiftarea, 6-2
Ernie Banks used to say, "let's play two." In a game that was as long as two and was defined early on by errors and later by a pitching duel, it would be offense that propelled the Tattnall Square Trojans past the Tiftarea Academy Panthers, 6-2 in 14 innings. Tattnall, who won the first game of the series, 4-1 before dropping game two, 6-3, will meet Mount de Sales in the Class AAA semifinals next week.
- Loop the Lake coming June 1
- Tiftarea-Tattnall split
- Tiftarea hosts defending state champs
- First inning dooms Devils
- Tattnall Square tops Tiftarea, 6-2
Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
Guess who cooked my lunch on a jaunt to LaGrange, Georgia? The great-great grandson of the legendary town philanthropist, that’s who.
- Explore the edges Mississippi Gulf Coast
- St. Augustine: Abounding with excellence suiting every taste
- Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda