TIFTON — Ocilla and Irwin County celebrated the 52nd annual Sweet Potato Day festivities Saturday. Alexandria Jones was this year’s Sweet Potato Queen (above). She is the daughter of Clark Jones of Ocilla, and Lynn Jones of Douglas. In the middle photo, the Irwin County High Marching Big Red performs for the huge crowd during the parade. In the bottom photo, a man drives an antique tractor, that features a rumble seat. The tractor was part of the antique vehicle show that was held during the day.
- Local News
Students challenge community, leaders to ‘stop the violence’
“Keep calm and stop the violence,” “Save our streets” and “No more violence” were the words echoed by Eighth Street Middle School students early Tuesday morning as they stood in front of the school behind caution tape and orange cones, shouting and holding up signs as they waved at passing motorists who smiled and returned the gesture.Continued ...
- Concert in the Park: Austin Kilby to headline concert Friday
- Tifton man arrested in marijuana sting
- Elderly woman attacked in her residence
- Northside kicks off Olympic Field Games
- Students challenge community, leaders to ‘stop the violence’
- Local Sports
Brannen Greene shoots against St. Anthony in January’s Hoophall Classic.
Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
Guess who cooked my lunch on a jaunt to LaGrange, Georgia? The great-great grandson of the legendary town philanthropist, that’s who.
- Explore the edges Mississippi Gulf Coast
- St. Augustine: Abounding with excellence suiting every taste
- Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda