• An employee with Northern Metals on East Golden Road reported Thursday that two black males took property belonging to the business without authority.
• A woman who lives in the 500 block of Rigdon Altman Road reported Thursday that someone entered her residence and took some jewelry.
TIFTON POLICE DEPT.
Dwight Harris Jr., 21, 43 Tifton Eldorado Road, was charged Thursday with aggravated battery.
TIFT CO. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Tracy Lynn Carleton, 38, 2584 S. Pinetree Blvd., Thomasville, was charged Thursday with a probation violation.
Cedric Lervell Sears, 37, 608 Sugar St., was charged Thursday with felony murder and abandonment of dependent child support.
Justin Tyler Whitman, 19, 1089 Old Union Road, Adel, was charged Thursday with theft by deception.
- Local News
Tift County Teacher of the Year: It’s an honor to be recognized for what you love to do
This year’s 2013-14 Tift County Teacher of the Year is Omega Elementary School’s very own Shonta Walker. She is also her school’s Teacher of the Year.Continued ...
- Risk assessment website to help tomato growers
- TCHS seniors named 2013 Georgia Scholars
- Downtown Farmer's Market opens Saturday
- Police report for May 17
- Tift County Teacher of the Year: It’s an honor to be recognized for what you love to do
- Local Sports
Eric Lee pitches against Tattnall Square in game one, a 4-1 loss by the Panthers. They would win game two 6-3 before falling in 14 innings Saturday, 6-2.
Tattnall Square tops Tiftarea, 6-2
Ernie Banks used to say, "let's play two." In a game that was as long as two and was defined early on by errors and later by a pitching duel, it would be offense that propelled the Tattnall Square Trojans past the Tiftarea Academy Panthers, 6-2 in 14 innings. Tattnall, who won the first game of the series, 4-1 before dropping game two, 6-3, will meet Mount de Sales in the Class AAA semifinals next week.
- Loop the Lake coming June 1
- Tiftarea-Tattnall split
- Tiftarea hosts defending state champs
- First inning dooms Devils
- Tattnall Square tops Tiftarea, 6-2
Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
Guess who cooked my lunch on a jaunt to LaGrange, Georgia? The great-great grandson of the legendary town philanthropist, that’s who.
- Explore the edges Mississippi Gulf Coast
- St. Augustine: Abounding with excellence suiting every taste
- Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda