TIFTON — Three landmark buildings which first opened to the public in 1908 will get new life on March 1 when Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College hosts a rededication ceremony and open house for Tift, Lewis, and Herring Halls. Join Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College at the Historic Front Campus Rededication on March 1 at 1:30 p.m. on the front steps of Tift Hall. .
- Local News
Identity Theft: Do all you can to protect your credit, debit cards
It's summertime and there may be only two words on your mind – road trip. As we hit the roads this summer for vacations we all make stops at the gas station and the ATM.Continued ...
Unfortunately, so do identity thieves. They set up machines called skimmers on gas pumps and ATMs that are designed to fool you and benefit them. The devices read your debit or credit card and record the number, which the thief can collect by retrieving the skimmer or even remotely using a smartphone and a wireless Internet connection. The information will then be used to create a duplicate card bearing the number, but a different name.
- Tift Sheriff’s Office investigating scam
- Gazette asking for your help
- County millage rate remains same
- GEMA study reveals increased emergency preparedness across state
- Identity Theft: Do all you can to protect your credit, debit cards
- Local Sports
Fields played, coached three eras of basketball
Imagine a player averaging 29 points per game for a career and receiving no college scholarship offers. That happened to Dona Fields.
Fields, as Dona Gaskins, is easily Berrien High's all-time leading scorer. She scored her 1,000th point as a sophomore and during her last three seasons was the Rebelettes' leading scorer in every game. She received no college attention, no offers.
- Kilgore resigns baseball post at ABAC
- Girls basketball had long road to equality
- TCRD hosting pair of hardball tournaments
- Future Devils learn the ropes at ESMS
- Fields played, coached three eras of basketball
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda