• A man reported Thursday that several items valued at $3,810 were stolen off a company vehicle while in the 170 block of Southwell Boulevard.
• A man who lives in the 500 block of MLK Drive reported Thursday that someone shot his dog in the leg with a BB gun. The report states that the Tift County Animal Control was notified.
• A man who lives in the 4000 block of Highway 82 West reported Thursday that someone stole his ATV valued at $5,000.
• A man who lives in the 100 block of Richardson Street in Ty Ty reported Thursday that someone entered his residence by climbing through a window.
TIFTON POLICE DEPT.
Jesse Wayne Aultman, 19, 458 Oak Ridge Church Road, was charged Thursday with driving without a license, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and speeding.
Jason Lee Bynum, 22, 126 Spinks St., Omega, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Samy Santos Michado, 29, 30705 Burleigh Drive, Wesley Chapel, Fla., was charged Thursday with speeding and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
Shannon Hope Watson, 24, 99 Tifton-Eldorado Road, was charged Thursday with driving with a suspended or revoked license, speeding and a child restraint violation.
TIFT CO. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Mondell Enere Brooks, 34, 605 E. Second St., Apt. B, was charged Thursday with a probation violation.
Danny Lee Denson, 33, 1216 Highway 82 E., was charged Thursday with driving without a license.
Charles Joseph Matherly II, 39, 128 Bruce St., was charged Thursday with a violation of sex offender failure to register address change.
Joe Gary Slade, 49, 1912 Youmans St., was charged Thursday with possession of cocaine, abandonment of dependent child support and giving a false name, address or birth date to a law enforcement officer.
Chris Troy Suggs, 37, 553 Grady McGhee Road, was charged Thursday with a probation violation.
GEORGIA STATE PATROL
Shekellia T. Williams, 26, 3108 Southern Ave., was charged Thursday with driving without insurance and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
Gregory Young, 53, 210 Beech St., was charged Thursday with a safety restraint violation and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
OMEGA POLICE DEPT.
Mikki Arleen Pippin, 28, 167-C New St., Omega, was charged Thursday with operating a motor vehicle with suspended registration and giving a false name, address or birth date to a law enforcement officer.
- Local News
TPD Lt. Steve Hyman recognized by Tifton Sertoma Club Thursday
It's hard to render some folks speechless, but it happened Thursday afternoon.Continued ...
When Chad Alexander, Tift County Tax Commissioner and past Tifton Sertoma Club president, stood before the club and welcomed the day's guest speaker, Tifton Police Department's Lt. Steve Hyman, he had a surprise for Hyman – Hyman has been named the club's 2013 recipient of its Service to Mankind Award.
- Chula man found dead
- Tift EMS honors John Edenfield as Paramedic of the Year
- Prince Toyota makes donation to United Way
- Concert in the Park: Austin Kilby to headline concert Friday
- TPD Lt. Steve Hyman recognized by Tifton Sertoma Club Thursday
- Local Sports
Proud of diamond accomplishments of Devils, Panthers
Tift County almost pulled off an incredible feat this year, having two teams in the baseball quarterfinals.. It was a great year for baseball at all area schools, all eight of them in the postseason. Both Kyle Kirk's Tift County Blue Devils and Brad Porter's Tiftarea Academy Panthers came within an eyelash of doing even better: the final four.
- Devil duo decide Pratt
- Couch named Region 1-AAAAAA Player of the Year
- Sports briefs for May 23
- Gattis’ grand slam leads Braves past Twins 8-3
- Proud of diamond accomplishments of Devils, Panthers
Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
Guess who cooked my lunch on a jaunt to LaGrange, Georgia? The great-great grandson of the legendary town philanthropist, that’s who.
- Explore the edges Mississippi Gulf Coast
- St. Augustine: Abounding with excellence suiting every taste
- Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda