ATHENS — Eddie Senkbeil of Tifton got this photo of interim UGA mascot “Russ” being named the official UGA IX at the Georgia-Florida Atlantic game Saturday. Russ has a brown spot rather than being solid white and filled in after the previous UGA died.
- Local News
County millage rate remains same
Tift County Commissioners voted unanimously in a called meeting Tuesday to keep the millage rate set at 12.183 for both incorporated and unincorporated areas of the county.Continued ...
The rate was set at .312 mills for the Special Services Tax District, which includes Ty Ty and Omega.
- GEMA study reveals increased emergency preparedness across state
- Gazette captures GPA Awards
- Fitzgerald juvenile on the loose
- Man airlifted in Ocilla after being trapped in silo
- County millage rate remains same
- Local Sports
Fields played, coached three eras of basketball
Imagine a player averaging 29 points per game for a career and receiving no college scholarship offers. That happened to Dona Fields.
Fields, as Dona Gaskins, is easily Berrien High's all-time leading scorer. She scored her 1,000th point as a sophomore and during her last three seasons was the Rebelettes' leading scorer in every game. She received no college attention, no offers.
- Kilgore resigns baseball post at ABAC
- Girls basketball had long road to equality
- TCRD hosting pair of hardball tournaments
- Future Devils learn the ropes at ESMS
- Fields played, coached three eras of basketball
Southern problems...some folks got’em
I was able to take a trip down to Tampa this past weekend with my mom to see my niece in her dance recital.We didn’t get to see her dance in her recital. She kept saying she was sick, and we all kept saying, “You’ll be OK...it’s just nerves.”
- Rants & Raves – June 19
- Rants & Raves - June 18
- Angye Morrison column: How different life would have been
- Letter to the Editor – Turn to the airwaves when danger threatens
- Southern problems...some folks got’em
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda