• A woman who lives in the 40 block of Green Road reported Wednesday that a Hispanic female entered her residence, assaulted her with a stone and stole her firearm from the house.
• A couple who lives in the 600 block of East Eighth Street reported Wednesday that someone entered their residence and stole some money, shoes and personal documentation.
• A woman with Universal Financial Group, located in the 1000 block of North Central Avenue, reported Wednesday that someone forcefully entered the business and took several items. She reported that there was broken glass and the door was damaged. The report states that an undisclosed amount of money was stolen from the business, as well as some other items.
TIFTON POLICE DEPT.
Antonio Terrell Bentley, 28, 608 S.E. Eighth St., Cordele, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
Myeisha Denise Ford, 17, 517 E. 18th St., was charged Wednesday with simple battery (family violence).
Deborah Lee Uzowihe, 45, 1103 S. Central Ave., was charged Wednesday with public drunkenness.
Stanchez Alphonso Wright, 22, 1142 O’Quinn Drive, was charged Tuesday with a probation violation.
TIFT CO. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
William Cadwell, 70, 128 N. Hutchinson Ave., Adel, was charged Wednesday with deposit account fraud.
Latisa Shandrell Carridine, 26, 410 Church Lane, was charged Wednesday with obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers without force.
Demetris Maurice Collins, 27, 1501 Myrtle St., Apt. B-4, Valdosta, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
Danny Lee Denson, 33, 2915 S. Central Ave., Apt. B-2, was charged Wednesday with driving with a suspended or revoked license, obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers without force, two probation violations and fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer.
Charles Edward Monroe, 27, 718 17 1/2 St., was charged Wednesday with abandonment of dependent child support.
Michael Dennis Smith, 36, 888 Doc Darby Shire Road, Norman Park, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
- Local News
County millage rate remains same
Tift County Commissioners voted unanimously in a called meeting Tuesday to keep the millage rate set at 12.183 for both incorporated and unincorporated areas of the county.Continued ...
The rate was set at .312 mills for the Special Services Tax District, which includes Ty Ty and Omega.
- GEMA study reveals increased emergency preparedness across state
- Gazette captures GPA Awards
- Fitzgerald juvenile on the loose
- Man airlifted in Ocilla after being trapped in silo
- County millage rate remains same
- Local Sports
The southern half of the 1962 Class AA girls state hoops tournament was played in Fitzgerald, despite Fitzgerald having dropped their girls program in 1957.
Girls basketball had long road to equality
When Georgia decided in 1945 to play a girls state basketball tournament, Macon Telegraph writer Sam Glassman was in favor, writing that the district tournaments that had always been held were just as strenuous. Days later, though, he wondered about the mental strain it was causing the players.
- Kilgore resigns baseball post at ABAC
- TCRD hosting pair of hardball tournaments
- Future Devils learn the ropes at ESMS
- Tidal Wave takes third triumph at Georgia Games
- Girls basketball had long road to equality
Southern problems...some folks got’em
I was able to take a trip down to Tampa this past weekend with my mom to see my niece in her dance recital.We didn’t get to see her dance in her recital. She kept saying she was sick, and we all kept saying, “You’ll be OK...it’s just nerves.”
- Rants & Raves – June 19
- Rants & Raves - June 18
- Angye Morrison column: How different life would have been
- Letter to the Editor – Turn to the airwaves when danger threatens
- Southern problems...some folks got’em
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda