Not the same
“The columnist Diana West continues the NRA line about the president's children being no more entitled to protection than children of normal parents. The armed guards they speak of are Secret Service agents. The President's children could easily become the innocent victims of some fruitcake looking to bring harm to the president for whatever reason. Anybody who can't see the difference is a fool.”
“Thanks to Mason Pyles and William Jeffery at AutoZone, I no longer have to get stranded again with a bad battery. Thanks again to both of you guys.”
Let them do it
“Turner County Road Dept. guys picking up trash instead of fixing the roads when the prisoners could be doing it. Six employees seen on Joe Lawrence Road picking up trash recently.”
Nice to see
“Dear President Obama, why do we even need a Constitution any longer when we have you to issue executive orders?”
Not the same
- Local News
Students challenge community, leaders to ‘stop the violence’
“Keep calm and stop the violence,” “Save our streets” and “No more violence” were the words echoed by Eighth Street Middle School students early Tuesday morning as they stood in front of the school behind caution tape and orange cones, shouting and holding up signs as they waved at passing motorists who smiled and returned the gesture.Continued ...
- Concert in the Park: Austin Kilby to headline concert Friday
- Tifton man arrested in marijuana sting
- Elderly woman attacked in her residence
- Northside kicks off Olympic Field Games
- Students challenge community, leaders to ‘stop the violence’
- Local Sports
Alex Abbott belts a three-run homer in the second inning of a 13-3 Tift rout over Berrien.
Two from Tift named 1st team All-Region
The Tift County Blue Devils, who were only just barely eliminated in the state quarterfinals, placed two players on the All-Region team for 1-AAAAAA. The region, which sent three teams to the elite eight in the state tournament, named Lowndes’ Danny Redshaw Coach of the Year.
- Battle for state golf title held at Spring Hill
- Spurlin snags state title
- Tift County High has summer basketball camp
- Spring game goes well for Devils
- Two from Tift named 1st team All-Region
Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
Guess who cooked my lunch on a jaunt to LaGrange, Georgia? The great-great grandson of the legendary town philanthropist, that’s who.
- Explore the edges Mississippi Gulf Coast
- St. Augustine: Abounding with excellence suiting every taste
- Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda