TIFTON — Rain is on the ground and above the ground in the backyard of this home in Irwinville Monday. There were reports of over five inches in Irwinville, and of nearly four inches in Worth County. On the Coastal Plain Experiment Station website, a total of 2.9 inches of rain were reported in Tift County. Other residents did report over three inches in other parts of Tift County, however. Also on the Coastal Plain website, there was also a report of sustained winds of 27.4 mph at 12:05 a.m. Monday. The forecast is for even more rain today.
- Local News
Students challenge community, leaders to ‘stop the violence’
“Keep calm and stop the violence,” “Save our streets” and “No more violence” were the words echoed by Eighth Street Middle School students early Tuesday morning as they stood in front of the school behind caution tape and orange cones, shouting and holding up signs as they waved at passing motorists who smiled and returned the gesture.Continued ...
- Concert in the Park: Austin Kilby to headline concert Friday
- Tifton man arrested in marijuana sting
- Elderly woman attacked in her residence
- Northside kicks off Olympic Field Games
- Students challenge community, leaders to ‘stop the violence’
- Local Sports
Alex Abbott belts a three-run homer in the second inning of a 13-3 Tift rout over Berrien.
Two from Tift named 1st team All-Region
- Battle for state golf title held at Spring Hill
- Spurlin snags state title
- Tift County High has summer basketball camp
- Spring game goes well for Devils
- Two from Tift named 1st team All-Region
Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
Guess who cooked my lunch on a jaunt to LaGrange, Georgia? The great-great grandson of the legendary town philanthropist, that’s who.
- Explore the edges Mississippi Gulf Coast
- St. Augustine: Abounding with excellence suiting every taste
- Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda