TIFTON — Eleventh grade students in World History classes at Tift County High School participated in a skit illustrating the mutiny of Alexander the Great’s soldiers in August of the year 324 B.C. The uprising ultimately ended Alexander’s conquest of the known world. Students from teachers Erin Davis and Dana Griffin’s classrooms, pictured left to right, are Taylor Wood, Breanna Wiggins, Alex Abbott as Alexander the Great, Ja Vontae Gaskins, Ty Tucker, Jacori McCoy and Jon Randall.
- Local News
Fitzgerald juvenile on the loose
A Fitzgerald juvenile is currently on the loose in Turner County after he exited a Fitzgerald police car that stopped at Rite Aid on Washington Avenue.
- Man airlifted in Ocilla after being trapped in silo
- DuVall named recipient of Golden Deeds Award
- Fire wipes out home, no one injured
- Shooting spree leaves one dead, two wounded in Ashburn
- Fitzgerald juvenile on the loose
- Local Sports
Tidal Wave team members pose with their hard-earned trophy. Front, from left: Karson Ponder and Leighellyn Bengston. Middle, from left Beau Bengston, J.D. Bengston and Karoline Ponder and Kirsten Murphy. On the back row is Jacob Harper.
Tidal Wave takes third triumph at Georgia Games
The Tiftarea Tidal Wave improved to 3-0 with their victory June 15 at the Georgia Games. The team placed many swimmers in competition, including several first and second place finishers.
- Future Devils learn the ropes at ESMS
- Brumby’s camp making quite a racket
- Tiftarea teams stay closer to home in 2013
- ABAC baseball camps begin June 17
- Tidal Wave takes third triumph at Georgia Games
Southern problems...some folks got’em
I was able to take a trip down to Tampa this past weekend with my mom to see my niece in her dance recital.We didn’t get to see her dance in her recital. She kept saying she was sick, and we all kept saying, “You’ll be OK...it’s just nerves.”
- Rants & Raves – June 19
- Rants & Raves - June 18
- Angye Morrison column: How different life would have been
- Letter to the Editor – Turn to the airwaves when danger threatens
- Southern problems...some folks got’em
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda