William A. “Bill” Gamaras of Gastonia, N.C., formerly of Ashburn, died Friday, Nov. 9, 2012 in Gastonia, N.C. Graveside funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Rose Hill Cemetery in Ashburn. The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 tonight at Perry Funeral Chapel. Mr. Gamaras is survived by his son, Stephen A. Gamaras of Cramerton, N.C., and a sister, Pat Hanson of Jasper. The complete obituary will follow at a later date. Perry Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
- Local News
Students challenge community, leaders to ‘stop the violence’
“Keep calm and stop the violence,” “Save our streets” and “No more violence” were the words echoed by Eighth Street Middle School students early Tuesday morning as they stood in front of the school behind caution tape and orange cones, shouting and holding up signs as they waved at passing motorists who smiled and returned the gesture.Continued ...
- Concert in the Park: Austin Kilby to headline concert Friday
- Tifton man arrested in marijuana sting
- Elderly woman attacked in her residence
- Northside kicks off Olympic Field Games
- Students challenge community, leaders to ‘stop the violence’
- Local Sports
Evan Gattis, middle, is congratulated by teammates Jason Heyward, left, and Freddie Freeman, right, after his fourth inning grand slam home run against the Minnesota Twins Wednesday.
Gattis’ grand slam leads Braves past Twins 8-3
Evan Gattis no longer seems amazed by his improbable rookie season.
Yet, there are still times when it’s a bit of an adjustment for the Atlanta Braves catcher.
Like when someone recognizes him in the grocery store.
“It’s a little weird,” the 26-year-old Gattis said. “I’m not used to that yet.”
- Sports briefs for May 23
- Two from Tift named 1st team All-Region
- Battle for state golf title held at Spring Hill
- Spurlin snags state title
- Gattis’ grand slam leads Braves past Twins 8-3
Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
Guess who cooked my lunch on a jaunt to LaGrange, Georgia? The great-great grandson of the legendary town philanthropist, that’s who.
- Explore the edges Mississippi Gulf Coast
- St. Augustine: Abounding with excellence suiting every taste
- Embrace glorious stories with a visit to LaGrange, Ga.
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda